WEBINAR. Brexit - are you prepared?
Speakers: Chair - Marco Del Carlo; Lloyd's - Haris Khan; LIIBA - Chris Croft; IUA - Helen Dalziel; PKF Littlejohn - Howard Jones
Date: Wednesday 8 July 2020
Time: 14:00 – 15:00
Brexit became a reality on the 12th December 2019 and as such we must now resolve the issue of access to EU markets. Recent events have since taken over businesses and society at large, however Brexit remains a key issue for our members. Lloyd’s previously set out their position regarding MGA coverholders and their remains a need for continued engagement to support MGAs over the coming months.
We have therefore organised a Brexit Forum where members can join and ask questions to a panel of industry experts:
Chris Croft will outline the brokers position and where the majority of Liiba members are with their planning. Helen Dalziel will advise where the non-Lloyd’s market are. Haris Khan will be able to provide a Lloyd’s perspective. Finally, we are also joined by Howard Jones who will be able to give an overview from a tax view point.
WEBINAR. A Bluffers Guide to API’s and what they really mean for Insurance and your business
Panel and Speakers : Tomek Bugajski, Peter Roberts, Martin Betts, Richard Clarkson and David Ovenden
Date: Wednesday 15 July 2020
Time: 11:00 – 12:00
This session will provide you with an Insurance insider view of the real value of API’s in a digestible format, including real world examples and some ideas for delegates to create their own ideas.
Traditionally, presentations follow a formula of analysis like [ [Who + What + Where] = How] = Why. This is a practical presentation so we will be starting with the Why:
- WHY it’s useful for you to have a basic understanding of API’s
- HOW they work in a non-technical way
- WHAT they can do for you and HOW they give you the basic tools for creating or, accelerating your own business possibilities
By the end of the session, delegates will:
(1) Have a basic understanding of what APIs are and why they are useful to their business.
(2) Recognise how API's work.
(3) Be confident in how API's can assist their business functions.
Webinar. How to be a 'streetwise' MGA in a changed world
SPEAKERS: Charles Rowley, Director, DA Strategy ; Bruce Carman, Chief Underwriting Officer, Hive Aero ; Martin Roffey, Executive Director, WTW Alternative Distribution
DATE: Thursday 23 July 2020
TIME: 14:00 - 15:00
There’s no denying it - MGAs continue to be hugely popular structures within the global (re)insurance market, appearing in all different shapes and sizes and with varying purposes. But the landscape in which we are all operating is fraught with change and uncertainty and with further capacity restrictions on the horizon, MGAs need to be prepared in order to guarantee their survival and to thrive in the future.
By the end of the session, delegates will be able to:
• Better align business and growth objectives with carrier partners
• Have insights from the broker perspective on how to attain capacity
• Recognise how MGAs can demonstrate their value to capacity providers
• Understand DA relationship management
• Identify how to ensure operational fitness for the future