We are recruiting
We are looking to add a seasoned and highly capable person to the MGAA’s executive team, to take over specific projects at the MGAA and help run the association. Please see the full job specification below and contact the managing director, Peter Staddon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description – General Operations Manager
Reporting to the Managing Director you will help the Association achieve its five-year strategy to build the Managing General Agents’ Association to be recognised as the Third Force within the UK general insurance arena.
Main purpose of job:
Nature of job:
- To assist the MD and the board to achieve the strategy and business plans within designated time frames
- To assist in increasing and maintaining the existing membership
- To support the MD and the board in maintaining the profile of the MGAA
- To assist in driving forward market initiatives as set out by the MD and the board
- To participate in any educational program required by members
- To assist in the achievement of chartered status specific for delegated authority holders
- To assist in the Association’s activities regarding sponsorship.
- The General Operations Manager will assist the MD in all their activities
- Where appropriate, they will be the substitute at functions, meetings and events
- Work closely with the Standing Committees, Forums and working groups
- Assist in the annual membership survey including capture of data and updating the systems where needed
- Be the substitute, where needed, in speaking publicly on industry issues and writing editorials
- The individual will be seen as speaking for and on behalf of the Association and the sector and with the implied authority of the Board and so must exercise appropriate discretion.
1. To work with the MD on delivery of the MGAA strategy and business plan.
2. To be responsible for the operation of the MGAA.
(i) to attract new members and retain the support of existing members
(ii) to be the source of relevant market and other information to existing and new members of MGAA
(iii) to communicate & organise relevant market events and activities
(iv) to assist in developing conference activities and communicate this to the membership
(v) to maintain regular contact with members
(vi) to ensure that the various market and membership interests of members are properly and adequately taken into account in the work of MGAA.
3. To work with the MD and the Executive & Finance Committee on all aspects of the Association’s annual budget including the compilation, acceptance, adoption and timely reporting of the annual report and accounts.
4. To work with the Executive on the maintenance of adequate and agreed financial controls and the monitoring and reporting of expenditure against the budget.
5. To be responsible for membership renewals including invoicing, collection of fees and reports of attendees of previous Association functions.
6. To assist in the management of the Associations corporate governance.
7. To be responsible for
(i) checking the criteria of any prospective member
(ii) for presenting these to the relevant committee
(iii) advising the applicant of their acceptance and issuing the invoice and other relevant documents.
8. To speak on behalf of the MGAA community to trade media and industry events, where appropriate.
9. Assist in the development of the Association’s annual conference including
(i) Administration of the event including site visit
(ii) Organising pre-conference panel conference calls
(iii) Arranging facilities for key note speakers, where needed
(iv) Being available on the day to assist in any areas of need.
10. To assist in the organising and running of meetings and forums, including
(i) help formulate appropriate agenda items
(ii) regional events
(iii) external conferences such as BIBA etc.
11. To be responsible for the relationship with the Chartered Insurance Institute including
(i) Completing the formal process for CPD accreditation
(ii) Ensure all briefings comply with the CPD requirement process
(iii) Complete any forms required to maintain the Associations relationship and standing.
4 October 2018.