Marco Del Carlo
MGA Representative, XS Assure
Marco is a specialist in non-life insurance programme business across a range of classes with over 30 years of professional experience.
Marco is currently:
• Director of XS Assure Limited – a MGA which underwrites Professional Indemnity business
• CEO of Capacity Place Limited – an insurance broker/InsurTech which specialises in insurance programme placement for delegated authority facilities
• CEO of MGA Union Limited – a MGA platform with partners with underwriting teams under a shared ownership model to launch and grow MGA businesses
• Partner in Asset RVI – a Residual Value Insurance solutions provider
• Mentor at the Founder Institute
• Advisor with Loyal VC, an early stage venture capital firm
Marco was elected on the board of the MGAA in 2018 and re-elected in 2022. Marco chairs the Lloyd’s Market Forum and is a member of the Legal, Compliance, Conduct and Ethics Committee.
Previously, Marco founded 2 MGAs, JRP Underwriting and Tempo Underwriting, was the corporate development director at Lloyd’s Broker, Carroll & Partners and was an independent strategic advisor to many leading financial services companies including Royal & Sun Alliance, RBS, BACS, VocaLink and Kensington Mortgages. Marco’s early career was spent with Ernst & Young, Accenture, American Express and Digitas.
Marco holds a Dip CII, a MBA from INSEAD and a Bachelor of Commerce degree from Queen’s University in Kingston, Canada. Marco speaks English, French and Italian.