We have recently enhanced the MGAA Membership Benefits proposition by launching a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) training programme for all MGAA members which includes access to bi-monthly training webinars, podcasts and articles led by Holly Mapstone, an experienced financial services human resources and DE&I specialist. One of our key motivations in introducing this programme as a membership benefit was to provide a much deeper and broader opportunity for members to both validate and introduce new DE&I learnings into their businesses. The webinar schedule and supporting collateral provide so much more intrinsic value than a traditional DE&I overview in ensuring your business has inclusivity at the heart of what it does.
Our first webinar is aimed at Senior Leaders and Managers and will provide an opportunity to learn about what diversity, equity and inclusion actually is, and explore how members can start to implement positive and proportionate change into their business. We will also look at the risks/pitfalls that can occur when businesses are not proactive in making these changes, and how that can affect your HR team.
This will lead nicely onto a discussion around the importance of DE&I, and why it matters to your business, and how it can develop and harness your overall strategy and goals, which will translate to future growth. Finally, we will discuss the connection between practical steps and your business culture and look to create a high-level plan for how to get started with these new initiatives.
By the end of this session delegates will be able to:
- describe the concepts of diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- explain and outline the benefits of having a diverse and inclusive workforce (understand why it matters for businesses); and
- identify starting points and considerations to start marking positive and proportionate change to your business.
Holly is an Associate of CIPD with extensive Board level HR experience, including at HR Director level (FCA certified). Her pragmatic and agile approach combined with strong operational, strategic, and commercial experience delivers business improvements and cost savings, whilst driving up employee engagement. Her passion to create resilient and positive cultures will engage your teams and influence the business to execute excellence. Holly has extensive experience with multi-site operational HR management.
• Developed a Talent Leadership programme, Graduate scheme, culture committee, learning & development strategy, and wellbeing strategy.
• Successfully managed 8 acquisitions and mergers, harmonising new employees within 90 days of acquisition date.
• Designed and executed a company-wide Talent Leadership Academy.
• ESG subject matter specialist, managing and co-ordinating training & development, and charitable commitments. Gained Living Wage Accreditation, initiated the application for the Women in Finance Charter and chaired charity committees.
• Led and executed D,E&I initiatives, focusing on multiple strategic objectives, accreditation, and in-house training.