This webinar will:
- Provide an explanation of the court’s rules for dealing with matters of policy interpretation
- Consider whether product summaries are a useful tool for helping customers to better understand the terms of their policy
- Explore how the claims process can assist
- Outline what we can learn from experiences of litigation.
By the end of this webinar delegates will be able to:
- Describe the approach which courts use when dealing with matters of policy interpretation;
- List the pros and cons of negotiation versus litigation in a policy dispute context, and
- Summarise the range of tools and strategies available to bring about better results to policy coverage issues.
About the speaker
Mark Morton, Partner & Solicitor Advocate
Mark has worked in litigation for almost 30 years. For the last 15 years he has advised insurers on policy coverage and claims involving property damage, product liability, contract disputes and construction related defects.
He became a Solicitor Advocate in 2002 and has handled a number of high-profile cases. Recently reported decisions in which Mark appeared as junior counsel include:
• Wayne Gardner Young v RSA
• Agro Investment Estates Limited v Stewart Milne and others
• W M Morrison Supermarkets v LEM Estates Limited and others