What if you could call out career-stifling unconscious bias in the moment and recondition the perpetrator without being seen as:
- A nonteam player,
- Having a chip on your shoulder, or
- Projecting your own bias?
How can you address career-stifling and conflict-generating bias that comes from your boss, staff, or colleagues without losing your composure? Drawing on knowledge and insight gained over two decades of closely observing human behaviour in different corporate settings as a communication and workplace bias expert. He provides a proven, practical toolkit for navigating all forms of workplace bias—whether related to race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, sex, and so on—through his ground-breaking IDU? Methodology. Its tools empower minorities, marginalized groups, and the majority to effortlessly dismantle bias whenever they sense it, without inciting unwanted results.
Pre-workshop exercise: Mosaku’s Bias Navigation Test (MBNT)
It’s important to take the test prior to the workshop
At the end of this session, delegates will be able to:
- Describe what unconscious workplace bias is and looks like.
- Explain how to call-out and navigate sensed microaggressions while reconditioning unconscious perpetrators in the moment.
- Outline how to call-out and navigate sensed career stifling-workplace bias.
- Summarise how to build an environment of psychological safety and fast-track equitable representation in senior roles.
About the Presenter
Buki Mosaku is the leading expert on work-place bias navigation. He is the author of “I Don’t Understand” – Navigating Unconscious Bias In The Workplace and his articles and Sky TV Let’s Start Campaign on bias navigation have been read and viewed by over 5 million people. For more than two decades he has worked with over 1000 insurance companies communications and workplace bias expert including: MGAA, Pen, Markerstudy, Arag, Aon, Marsh, WTW, Lockton, Aviva, RSA and many more throughout the world.